Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The Welcomer will be very often the first person that a guest will come to see to look for a service or assistance. The greeting and attitude of the Welcomer will influence a lot the opinion that the guest will have of the overall hotel.
- Being at the service of the guest, the first task of the Welcomer is to be available at any time for the guest. Greeting with a smile, a warm & positive attitude are essential. The guest has to feel expected and welcome at any time.
- Contributes to guests’ sense of well being, establishing a lasting and trusting relationship.
- Present and visible in the lobby, he or she is easily identifiable by guests as the person to whom they should go.
Pullman and its talent community The Pullman promise is built around its three values: commitment, adaptability and creativity, and these are orchestrated throughout the hotel by a specific human resources and management policy:
- Body & Soul, the service attitudes model developed by Pullman
- Welcomer, Quality & Attitude Manager, Event Manager – some of the new Pullman professions
- A Pullman “school” of leadership, focusing on creativity.